However, much refurbishment and supplementary work, including the addition of a Georgian facade, was carried out in the mid-Eighteenth Century and further work was undertaken in the early part of the nineteenth Century.
The history of Walcot Hall is dotted with names of the great and good from Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Its pages refer to names such as Marriott, Strickland, Constable and Legard, all families of distinction from the seventeenth century up to the present day. Many changes have been seen over the years, and after the Second World War part of the main house was demolished in order to provide a more manageable and comfortable family house. Even so, the scale and grandeur of the original can be seen in the magnificent reception rooms and hall, the heavy panelled doors, elaborate plaster cornice work and fine-cantilevered staircase.
When the Goulton-Constable line of ownership ended in 1927 after nearly 200 hundred years a further seven families owned the hall until it was purchased in 2004 by the current owners and has been lovingly restored it to its former beauty and grandeur.